Admissions and Attendance Policy
Paragon Collegiate Academy will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or sexual preference, in its educational programs, activities, or employment. All educational opportunities will be offered free of tuition and without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability or sexual preference.
Paragon Collegiate Academy will strive to ensure that no student is underserved or underachieving by offering each student the necessary educational guidance. Paragon Collegiate Academy provides education to students’ kindergarten through eighth grade in the local community and not limit enrollment based on place of residence of the student or his/her parent(s)/guardian(s).
It is required by the State of California that “on and after July 1, 1975, each student upon enrollment in the first grade, present satisfactory evidence to the governing body that he has received specified heath screening and evaluation services within the previous two years”.
Minimum Age Requirements
To be admitted to Kindergarten, a child must reach the age of five years old on or before September 1 of the current school year. To be admitted to the First Grade, a child must reach the age of six years old on or before September 1 of the current school year.
Attendance in kindergarten, prior to age six, is not mandatory. However, If you choose to enroll your child at Paragon, your decision to do so comes with some important responsibilities. The first is to support your child’s learning. The California State Standards are focused on the daily development of important skills that will help our child be successful in first grade and beyond. Talking to your child about what they learned each day, support with homework assignments, reading to your child and making sure your child is in school every day. Your child’s success in kindergarten is dependent on being in school daily so they do not fall behind. When absences are excessive, your child’s readiness for first grade will be in danger
- Each student should have a genuine desire to attend Paragon Collegiate Academy.
- Each student is to provide a copy of their most recent achievement test scores and report card. An entrance test may also be required for academic level placement.
- Each student should become an empathetic, collaborative member of the community, yet motivated to set and achieve self-set goals.
- Each student should view him/herself as a global citizen who is empowered, responsible for making positive changes in the world and within the immediate environment.
- Each student should be able to develop healthy personal habits to include balancing leisure, work, family, and community involvement.